4th of July

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Talks and scriptures in Primary

So our kids have the opportunity a couple times of year to give talks or read scriptures in front of their Primary, that is 20 or so kids their age at church.  Aaron had the opportunity to read the scripture last month.  Anson has the opportunity to give a talk on having good friends help you choose the right today.  Aaron had a hard time practicing the week of his scripture, he just couldn't be pulled away from playing.  SO he had the consequence of reading the scripture all the way to church.  Our church is 15-20 minutes away so one can read a few verses many times in that amount of time.  By the time we arrived he was very fluent with his scripture and did a great job in front of his peers. 

So how will Anson do?  Is he going to practice before church or many times on the way to church?  He's talking about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and those are tricky names to rattle off in front of people.  I'm sure he'll CTR, choose the right, and practice and do a great job today.

from Anson:
It is a little long.

from Mom:
But I know you can do it!

from Anson:
I know I can do it too.

from Mom:
kiss on your cheek

This is a real dialogue Anson wrote on this blog. :)

1 comment: