One of the joyous struggles of having two boys 6 months apart is learning new skills. This winter and spring the boys learned to ride a bike. Anson is less self confident in learning new skills. I taught him first on one of the warm days in January. Due to the few warm days we have at that time of year it's hard to learn a new outside skill. It took Anson a few times to get enough confidence in himself and be successful at it.
Aaron has always been hesitant about new experiences, whether that is eating a brownie for the first time or going down a water tube slide. Riding a bike was no different. He refused to do it and while I was busy teaching Anson that was okay. Once Anson mastered it Anson and I decided to take Aaron's wheels off whether he wanted it or not. I pushed him 2-3 times on the sidewalk and all of a sudden he was riding all the way down the street. He just needed to be forced to do it and then he was a champ!
The boys are now enjoying riding down the street and I'm glad not to have to push them anymore. Now we just need to get my bike tuned up so we can go on real rides!
Rachel enjoyed riding her bike behind the boys during this process. Go brothers!
No comments:
Post a Comment