So every couple years we, members of my church, have the opportunity to give a talk on church. I can't say this is my favorite thing to do but over the years in this ward it has almost become comical for me. The first two times I spoke I was pregnant. One time, I was VERY pregnant and had a lot of kicks and Braxton hicks during the preparation and talk itself. Both of these times I spoke with the same speaker, Nick Ioannou from my ward. Nick is a great guy and we laughed about it the second time. The third talk in this ward Nick teased the Bishopric member to see if we were talking again together so from his suggestion we did. I was just asked to speak last Sunday and again Nick was my partner. We both have a good laugh about it every time.
All kidding aside my talk was on "The Power of Scriptures" by Elder Richard G Scott. He is an apostle of the Lord much like Andrew, Peter, John, and many others in the New Testament. He spoke of how much strength, peace, clarity, and revelation we can received through studying the scriptures. I went through my scriptures and found many notes of times I was praying about something and received answers while studying. The scriptures, all of them, Bible, The Book of Mormon, The Doctrine and Covenants, and modern day prophets teach us and provide so many answers to everyday problems we face.
I am so grateful to these writers of our scriptures so take the time to write down revelations so years later I can learn from them. One of the biggest blessings in my life is to have the Holy Ghost with me all the time. I especially find this helpful when I have a problem I just don't know the answer to or a challenge I just need outside strength to get through. The scriptures provide that anchor to the Holy Ghost and to Heavenly Father. I'm so grateful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and for our Heavenly Father. They have blessed my life every minute of everyday. I'm so grateful to have scriptures, both prophets now I can listen to and prophets of old I can read from.
Here is a link to the talk if you are interested in reading it.
"The Power of Scripture" by Elder Scott
No comments:
Post a Comment